Alloy Heat Treatment is recruiting!Member News
ALLOY HEAT TREATMENT
Block 6 Grazebrook Industrial Park Peartree Lane Dudley West Midlands DY2 0XW
Job Title: Quality Engineering Apprentership
Number of Positions: 2
Interview Start Date: ASAP
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Application Closing Date: 28.02.2019
MAIN FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Perform Quality activities in accordance with “National and International standards”
1) Carry out BHN hardness testing
2) Carry out inspection of customer components
3) Perform Pyrometry duties
4) Ensure that all weekly checks in relation to quality are carried out.
5) Carry out daily Quality Audit to verify correct heat treatment processes have been carried out in relation to the works programme.
6) Fill in appropriate paperwork in relation to “Acceptance/Rejection” of inspection results
7) Update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities
Future employment prospects with the company:
The successful applicants will possess good results in science based subjects and will study for an Extended Diploma in Manufacturing following which a degree level course may be pursued.
Training provided by your company (if applicable):
Full financial sponsorship to be provided by the company
Good communication and IT skills required.
Personal qualities required:
Reliable/Flexible/Punctual/ enthusiastic with a keen desire to learn all aspects of the quality department and develop accordingly.
5 GCSEs graded A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent.
The current minimum wage rate for an apprentice is £3.70 per hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.